“I’m my team’s number one fan!” – Every fan of the team.
I have my favourite sports, teams, and players – I’ll take in every game I can…if my better half let’s me! I LOVE sports!
Not everyone is in to the same teams as me, I like some in town favourites but also some out of towners – my friend’s call me a traitor but it’s the team I grew up loving, or my original home town, or maybe I just like a team that can win (anyone who’s seen the Maple Leafs recent skid can appreciate this)!
As much as I love sports, I’m feeling a little down:
- I have a lot of teams to keep up with – between NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, UFC, heck I’m even a soccer, tennis, and curling fan! I have to check multiple sites / apps for game times, locations and all the information I’d love to have at my fingertips in one central location.
- I don’t always have someone to watch the game with – it’s nice to have a relaxing night in watching the game (although it’s seldom without interruption and annoyance if you have a significant other or little critters running around). It’s GREAT to get out to the bar / pub / restaurant with like minded fans to cheer on my local team. Rah rah rah, go team go!
- I’m travelling or I’m not rooting for my hometown favorite – I don’t know who broadcasts the game I want to watch. It would also be awesome to surround myself with other fans rather than feeling like an outsider. My local TV provider may not offer the channel, even if they do it’s probably bundled at an outrageous price that would get me a fat juicy steak with all the fixings at the local pub for the same price.
- I don’t have the opportunity to check out live local games – Why? I’m a fan of my local team and would like to get out to a game but it’s a bit of a drive and I’m under the impression it would be cost prohibitive and time consuming – this assumption has me avoiding the trouble of seeking out tickets online, I’d only be teasing myself. There are also plenty of close to home games I would love to see because I genuinely love the sport but don’t actively seek them out because it’s not my favorite team.
- I don’t have the opportunity to check out live out of town games – Why? – For just that reason – my favorite team is from out of town (or my favorite home town team is playing out of town, but it’s still close to me). I haven’t given it much thought because it’s not local. I don’t quite know when they’re going to be close or how close / accessible they actually are (whether within driving distance a state over, a quick commute by train or even a short flight!). I’m also a little put off and frustrated trying to coordinate a trip, even if it’s a short haul – I don’t want to travel alone, booking game tickets, hotel, flight / train / mapping my route. Maybe I’ve got a friend in the mix and need to coordinate with them as well. It’s confusing and seems like too much work.
Lots of games to be watched and events to be attended. I wish there was a better way to aggregate my sports schedule, find local like minded fans, find an establishment that will indulge and broadcast my out of town obsession, I’d like to check out live local games and even have the opportunity to venture out of town to catch my fave team if I know they’re within reach, the price is right and it’s simple to plan / book everything!