Decor Refreshers – making room update recommendations for a fraction of the cost of an interior designer while also being able to provide the furniture to you directly for pennies on the dollar!
These updates can be a single piece, an entire room or an entire house! Services range from consulting to providing the furniture directly, like a lease type of agreement, that entitles the customer to make X amount of swap outs per year or on a per item basis – the monetization model is where it gets REALLY INTERESTING! There are several ways to structure the way you generate revenue from a la carte to packages to add-ons and premium services which we’ll cover in the monetization model.
The model can work in several ways, either a single or multiple options from the list below:
- Consult with Decor Refreshers virtually – Take pictures, send them in, have an expert make recommendations. These can range from the type of furniture, placement, to other updates such as paint. Cost effective compared to traditional interior designers.
- Consult with Decor Refresher in store – Bring your pictures in and have an agent make recommendations on the spot while also walking you through the physical inventory so you can get up close and personal with the items you may want to swap out in your home. Still more cost effective and you have a hand in the selection process in real time!
- Schedule an in home visit – because Decor Refreshers can also provide the furniture / fixture / services and typically cycles them on a regular basis you’re cementing the basis for a recurring revenue relationship. Bring along an iPad that ties in to your inventory to give the customer a good feel for what would look good where!
Another upside is moving – nobody likes change but everyone loves better. Have Decor Refreshers come by taking care of the ‘big’ things (furniture), pick everything their stock and deliver new items to your new home. Out with the old and in with the new!
Think of the possibilities of being able to cycle through furniture as often as you’d like to maintain an updated, fashionable, stylish, refreshed residence for a fraction of the price of what it would cost you to outfit everything new. This also addresses the ‘where do I store my old junk’ issue – Decor Refreshers takes it back and puts it in inventory!
There are several ways to monetize, here are a few to get you started!
- Virtually Consult – Send in pictures and have Decor Refreshers make recommendations. Paid by the hour or per instance.
- Consult in store – Sit down 1:1 with an expert and run through the item, rooms or entire house you want to refresh! Tour and have a look at the variety of furniture available to you while onsite to make joint decisions easier. Paid per consult, or as part of an overall package.
- In-Home visit – An agent can visit in home and help you makeover your humble abode as often as you’d like to make updates! Paid visit which may also include some of all of the items below:
- Furniture – An inventory of furniture, fixtures, decor items that can be cycled from home to home, think of it as a temporary lease until the customer is in need of a refresher! This can be a recurring monthly fee / packaged that includes X number of swaps over a given time period.
- Delivery services – Have the option to allow the customer to move the furniture themselves or offer a delivery service which can pick up the old and replace it with the new item. Especially awesome when you have customers that require a constant refresh!
- Premium furniture / fixtures – Add-ons for premium furniture. Packages or a la carte items can be ‘graded’ depending on cost / brand name, with premium options available under a blanket agreement or piecemeal.
- 3D mockups – Offer a unique experience for specific clientele that would mock up the room(s) prior to physically placing the items in the home to avoid any ‘buyer’s remorse’ or quick swap outs.
- Referrals or additional services you provide – Be a one stop shop and be able to provide additional services such as painting, windows, renovations or contract it out for a referral fee!
- Purchasing option – Are you clients simply in love with a piece they never want to part with? Offer up a buyout option similar to car leases at end or term, or as an immediate buy!
- Sell off of older inventory – When certain items start to move slowly or not at all, sell them off and clear space for the new! Market to existing clients, sell wholesale or hold an auction every so often!
There are several other ways to monetize and structure payment – get creative and refresh the way you approach the business!
Give thought to coverage should a piece be damaged. Also consider the amount of inventory you may require and how long it will take you to get to profitability, in addition to where and how the items will be stored. Insurance may be required depending on the model(s) you offer / ways to monetize.
Continue to market to your customers on a regular basis when a new item that fits their general profile, home and unique tastes. Keep them engaged and change top of mind – every time a change is made you get to ding the sale’s bell!
You need a refresher. Time to update your own decor, your business decor – get a move on before you become outdated!
Build the brand
Need the perfect domain for this business idea? What about:
Comes complete with the Twitter handle @decorrefreshers!
Build an awesome local or global brand. Love the brand name but have a twist on what to offer or how to execute – awesome!
It’s available, if interested please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, our contact page, drop us a line on Twitter @ideapassion, or find us on Facebook – Facebook.com/FeedMeIdeas